Notification of the CACMS may be required in circumstances related to:
- Changes in enrollment, class size, student distribution and/or the resources to support the educational program.
- Creation of a new campus
- Expansion of an existing campus to include more years of the curriculum
- Changes in curriculum
- Changes in program delivery at any existing campus
- Changes in governance or ownership
- Unplanned loss of facilities, clinical teaching sites, or financial resources necessary to deliver the medical education program
Before notifying the CACMS determine whether notification is required by:
- Reviewing Section IV of the CACMS Rules of Procedure
- Reviewing the appropriate sections of the Required Notification to the CACMS form
- Using the CACMS enrollment/class size calculator found here Calculator if any changes relate to enrollment, class size or student distribution
To notify the CACMS
- Review and complete the relevant sections of the Required Notification to the CACMS form (see link below)
- Submit a cover letter signed by the dean and single pdf comprising only the relevant pages of the form to CACMS@afmc.ca
Direct any questions/comments/suggestions to CACMS@afmc.ca.